I haven’t been able to concentrate on anything lately.
All of my thoughts have been completely consumed by pasta and bacon.
It’s been driving me crazy! So I finally got over my laziness and made some pasta carbonara.
And let me just tell you how refreshing it is to see bacon and eggs in anything else but breakfast 🙂
So it all starts off with angel hair pasta which is by the way my favorite pasta! Soo good.
Then you add bacon to the mix and we all know that everything is better with bacon. Crispy delicious bacon.
Then we have the sauce which is to.die.for. Light, creamy with the slight saltiness of parmesan.
And to top it all of peas. They are green so in my mind that makes them a vegetable.
And if it has ‘vegetables’ then it must be healthy right? Yeah, about that…
Anyways, this is super easy to make and it takes no time at all.
Most importantly it satisfied my insane craving for carbs and bacon so 2 thumbs up from me! 🙂
Comments: I love this dish. Easy and delicious! Absolutely in loved with it!
Will I make it again? Yep, made it a few times already!
- 6 oz angel hair pasta
- 4 slices thick bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 whole large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- big pinch salt and pepper
- Boil the pasta according to package directions. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the pasta water and drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a skillet over medium high heat sauté the bacon until cooked through, browned and crispy.
- Transfer the cooked bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Add the onions to the skillet with bacon fat and over medium heat sauté until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Turn the heat off and add the peas.
- In a bowl combine the egg, yolk, heavy cream, parmesan and salt and pepper.
- Place the cooked pasta in a bowl and add the sauce to it while the pasta is still hot.
- Adjust the consistency by adding some of the reserved pasta water, if needed.
- Add the onion mixture. Top with the bacon.
- Plate and enjoy!