We are back to bacon.
Can’t get enough.
So when I told my husband that I want to make a quiche for dinner, his response was “One of those pie things?”
He seemed less than excited about it SO of course I went ahead and made it anyway.
He changed his mind in about one bite, realized how delicious it is and went in for seconds.
I mean what’s not to love!?
Flaky, buttery crust. Steamed asparagus. Crunchy bacon. And the cream cheese, well that was the star in my eyes. It kept its shape but the texture was creamy and velvety – melt in your mouth ahhmazing.
On a separate note, have you guys tried spin? Well, you really should. It’s incredible!
For those of you who don’t know what spin is it’s a biking class.
Sounds easy right? Not!
So picture this, you go in a room full of bikes. The lights turn off and the music starts. And you start spinning. Your instructor screams at you the entire time to go faster, increase the resistance, get off the seat, go faster and faster and faster until you feel like your legs and butt are on fire and you’re about to fall of the damn bike. You’re having hard time catching your breath and have drank most of your water while you sweat like a pig. And then you look at clock and it’s only been 15 mins and you have 45 more to go. And you wanna die. You keep asking yourself why are you putting yourself through this torture and is it ever going to end. Then the instructor who is by the way a complete hottie comes over to you and tells you that you’ve got this and you can go faster. So you do. And then he says that you only have 3 songs left and you need to give him all you got. Even though you’ve got nothing left… So you spin faster than you ever did… and it’s finally over. You’re legs are jelly and you have hard time walking, your butt hurts from the seat, yet you feel so accomplished and ready to take on the world.
Yep, that pretty much sums it up.
It’s not a walk in the park at all! It’s extremely intense but you burn off a ton of calories and it’s great way to get lean and toned. It’s hard work but with the right instructor and music it’s almost enjoyable. Almost.
What do you guys think about spin? What is your favorite gym class? Always open to trying new things 🙂
Anyways, here’s the recipe!
Comments: Bacon, Cream cheese, pie crust what’s not to love? Very hearty dish!
Negatives: Bacon, Cream cheese, pie crust and heavy cream…oh my… It does have quite a few steps to follow and it does take a little bit of time, but the results are pretty awesome.
Will I make it again? Hm…maybe.
Asparagus, Bacon & Cream Cheese Quiche
- 1 pie crust
- 1/2 lb asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1in pieces
- 4 slices bacon, chopped up
- 1/2 small onion
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temp, cut up
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Roll out pie dough and transfer to pie plate. Freeze for 30min.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line the pie crust with foil and fill it with uncooked rice or beans. Bake for 30mins.
- Take out of the oven and remove the foil and beads. Bake for additional 10mins.
- Make the filling:
- In a boiling slightly salted water, cook the asparagus for 2 mins. Remove the asparagus to a bowl and cover with ice cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a saucepan, over medium high heat cook the beacon. Once crispy remove to plate lined with paper towel.
- Add the onions to the bacon fat and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1min.
- In a bowl combine the heavy cream, eggs, salt and pepper.
- When the crust is done baking, remove from the oven. Increase oven temp to 400F.
- Spread the bacon and cooked onions on the bottom of the crust, topped with asparagus and cream cheese pieces.
- Pour the heavy cream mixture on top.
- Bake for 30-40mins or until the filling is firm and crust is golden.
- Let cool for at least 20 mins before serving.