If you guys don’t already know HowSweetEats is one of my favorite food blogs.
Like totally obsessed with it but not in a weird stalker kind of way, ok maybe a little 🙂
Jessica always amazes me with her creative out-of-the-box recipes, mouthwatering pictures, hilarious stories and her love for shoes, glitter and sprinkles. On her blog she’s got a lot of indulgent desserts, out of this world ice cream, crazy pizzas and some healthier dinner recipes and they all seem really easy to make! So every Friday I will choose one of her amazing recipes to try out and let you know how it worked for me 🙂
So to start things off I went through her recipes and stumbled upon this one. OMG. Chocolate chunks. Peanut butter. Cookies. How can you go wrong? Umm… you can’t!
Here’s the review 🙂
Comments: This recipe is really easy to make, the dough doesn’t need chilling and the best part no creaming butter so you don’t need your mixer! Very rich cookies, slightly crispy, the chunks of chocolate get all gooey and the peanut butter drizzle balances the sweetness really well!
Negatives: None. Very easy and super filling! 1 cookie goes a long way!
Will I make these again? Yes. I only baked 9 cookies and froze the rest so I’m not tempted to eat all of them in one sitting! I’m excited to have cookie dough premade in the freezer for whenever cravings kick!
Tips: To freeze cookie dough: Shape dough into about 1 1/2 in balls and place on a aluminum foil covered baking sheet. Freeze for 1hr and transfer cookie dough balls to freezer zip lock bags. When ready to bake, preheat oven, place on a baking sheet and bake for 2-3 mins longer than original time. While cooling make the peanut butter glaze. Drizzle. Cool. Serve. EAT!
Peanut Butter Drizzled Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookies
About 24-27 cookies
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tbsp.) butter, unsalted melted and cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz high- quality milk chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (I used natural)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl combine butter and sugars. Whisk in egg, yolk and vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2 in balls and place on baking sheet. Bake for 9-12 mins or until cookies are set but still a little undercooked.
- Melt peanut butter, add coconut oil and stir to combine. Drizzle over cookies.
- Let cool for 10-15 mins and devour!