None at all.
My dad is very old school Bulgarian so if it’s not Bulgarian food or chicken wings he most likely won’t like it. He’s probably the only person I know (and in the world) that doesn’t like Italian food! Who doesn’t like Italian food!? Well that is excluding pizza of course but if it’s pasta he probably won’t eat it. If you are not familiar with Bulgarian food it consists of a lot of salads and a LOT of meat. Mostly pork, chicken, veal and lamb.
Of course I can try to make some traditional dish that I’m sure he would love but what’s the challenge in that? I love making him explore new foods and if I get his stamp of approval then you know it’s really good.
So then I saw this recipe over at the Pioneer Woman and I had to make it right away. What’s soo special about this chicken? Well it’s a little sweet. There’s brown sugar in the marinade and honey in the glaze/sauce. Pretty sweet chicken (with a little heat) definitely a new experience for my dad. But guess what he loved it! 🙂
Comments: This chicken was spectacular! The marinade was sweet and tangy, the sauce was also sweet but with some heat and then you add bacon to the mix – to.die.for!
Negatives: None. Pretty much licked my plate clean.
Will I make it again? Most def! I think it might become a regular when grilling chicken 🙂
Scrumptious Grilled Chicken with Spicy Honey Bacon Sauce
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into thick strips diagonally
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. steak seasoning
- 3/4 cup honey
- 5 slices bacon, diced
- 3 tbsp. Worcester sauce
- 1 tbsp. hot sauce
- In a zip lock bag combine all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Add the chicken and marinade for at least 3hrs.
- Once marinated, grill chicken until cooked through, discarding extra marinade.
- In a saucepan fry bacon until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Drain bacon fat and the Worcester, hot sauce and honey to the hot skillet.
- Stir to combine and let thicken slightly.
- Add bacon back to the sauce.
- In a bowl combine the grilled chicken and the sauce and serve!
Adapted from: PioneerWoman