Comments: Boo I had high hopes for this cheesecake but it turned out just plain awful. So I took out all of my ingredients from the fridge, let them come to room temp, found the recipe and got started. The recipe was easy enough but it did have multiple steps. First step was to make the cookie dough – easy enough. Then it was the graham cracker crust also super easy. And then we got to the filling…. Now this is not my first cheesecake, normally I would beat the cream cheese first until creamy and smooth, then add sugar and sour cream and then one by one I add the eggs. But this recipe just told me to combine basically most of these ingredients off the bat and mix it on high. So against all my instincts and better judgement, I did. Big mistake. Even though the cream cheese was at room temp and soft, it just wouldn’t mix together with the rest of the ingredients and it just got kind of lumpy. And no matter how much I mixed it, it wasn’t getting smooth. At this point I just wanted to throw the whole thing in the trash and call it a day. But I didn’t want to give up so I continued on. Poured the cheesecake put the cookie dough balls, more cheesecake and baked it for an hour. Fast forward a day later when I served it. I mean it looked alright I knew the texture would be off but should be still yummy right!? Wrong. I took a bite and the texture was pretty bad definitely not the velvety smooth texture you want from a cheesecake and then the cookie dough ball? Hard, super hard, teeth breaking hard and sweet extremely sweet. Like I have the biggest sweet tooth ever and they were too sweet even for me. Did we still eat it? Yes we hate wasting food but this has to be the worst cheesecake I’ve ever had.
Will I make it again? Umm NOOO!
Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- cookie dough:
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 8 oz blocks cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Garnish: whipped cream, chocolate sauce
- Cookie Dough: In a bowl combine butter and sugars. Add milk, vanilla and mix. Add in flour and salt. Fold in cookie dough. With a small tsp shape dough into balls. Put in the freezer while preparing the crust and filling.
- Crust: Combine the butter and cracker crumbs in a bowl. Spread on the bottom and up the sides of a 10in sprinform pan.
- Filling: Combine the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and flour and beat on HIGH until smooth (never happened) Add vanilla and sour cream and beat to combine. Don’t overbeat. Pour half of the batter in the prepared cheesecake top with cookie dough. Mix the remaining filling mixture with chocolate chips and pour in the crust. Bake at 325F for 1 hr. Turn the oven off, open the oven door a little bit and leave the cheesecake in there for 30 mins. Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.